Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Jumping a Sinking Ship

Vox posts some mail on those who can are considering the possibility of leaving the US.

I spoke with my brother this weekend. He's still in Iraq (getting to come home for leave in August). We talked quite a bit about the new property tax levels, sales tax hike, wheel tax, and the Kelo decision. He said "Why is it that we are here defending people of another nation.. attemping to start a free society here when my own government is sucking freedom right out from underneath me while I'm gone?" Or something like that.

He has come to see his mission in Iraq as a way of serving the Kingdom of God - not the US. That is how he is coping and is able to serve both his fellow soldiers and locals. I can't imagine what the troops that do not have God in their life are going through.