Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Desde Brasil


Botafogos...
Originally uploaded by pink-kitty.

Since you weren't there, you can see the photostream on flickr.

It was actually difficult to choose from the photos. There were a number of pictures with really good lines and angles (but strange expressions) that I left behind.

People were still talking about it over a week after the event. It was the number that 'woke the crowd up' and got them into the show. I had several people tell me it was the highlight of Act I or their favorite number. Even David Hamilton told me that I did an amazing job and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Todd said that after 24 years in the business, he tends to be kind of jaded when it comes to Showcase routines. "Oh great - another showcase. Let's hurry up and get it over with so we can get back to other things." He did say that after the opening step sequence he said to himself "wow - this is fun!"

That's when he told me we will be doing this routine again at Nashville Starz (formerly The Dancer's Cup) in January. It will be open to the public. Information is at http://www.nashvillestarz.net/