Thursday, December 28, 2006

Advice

One of my neighbors apparently doesn't understand how to use the trash cans provided by Metro. They were just putting one bag in my trash can and that didn't bother me. When they filled it up, I was so angry, I couldn't see straight. After completely filling it for 2 weeks in a row (to the point I had no room for my 1 bag of trash), I put a lock on mine. That has worked so far.

Now, this _@(&#)&@! has filled up someone else's can AND the green recyclable container with trash. I wouldn't be bothered by this at all IF they actually put the cans to the street, but they don't. They have been sitting there for weeks - full. I picked through it to see if I could find anything with a name or a unit number so I could talk to them (and order a trash can from Public Works to be delivered to them on their behalf). No such luck to date. Apparently, they do not receive mail or other packages with an address on it but they drink a helluva lot of wine and beer.

Yes, this is completely petty but come spring, there will be a serious problem with inscets if this idiot doesn't learn how to take his/her trash to the street. And my back deck faces the trash area. Suggestions on how to handle this?