Thursday, May 17, 2007

Team work

On my way in to work today, I was thinking about the competition in January because I saw the nameless guy at the studio this week. The other dancers and I are very supportive of one another, even when we were competing against one another in the same event. When I got off the floor after seriously screwing up my solo, so many folks rushed around me to give me hugs and encouragement.

Everyone cheers for everyone else, except for that one guy. I will leave him nameless; but truth be told, I don't feel all that bad for him...not receiving support. I feel bad for his instructor, because I love her to pieces. But this guy thinks he's apparently God's gift to dance and he's not THAT good. The one time he was in the Advanced Smooth class, he repositioned himself so that he didn't have to dance with me when the lines got jumbled. Because he did that, I was forced to go back to the beginning of the line. The first gentleman said, "But.. weren't you just here?"
"Yes."
"Wait.. uh..."
*PK shifts eyes to other dancer*
"Oh....." he said.

Dude, I'm not sure why M is with you. Maybe you are a nice guy and you treat her well, but I think you are a jerk. And so does everyone else because when you came to class Tuesday night, 2 other women rolled their eyes and said "Great....".

And I'm not sorry that, when you were out during the scholarship event, no one was cheering for you.