Friday, September 07, 2007

Dear Apple Haters,

The next time you whine about how expensive Apple products are or that they aren't any different that Dell, Treos, Blackberrys, Vista or whatever, please note that Apple is giving the difference in cost of the iPhones back to people who purchased them within 14 days of Wednesday's price drop.

And those of us who bought them earlier - even back to iPhone Day - are getting a $100 Apple store credit.

I certainly didn't expect them to do anything for the early adopters because one has to decide where jump on the bandwagon because there is always something better, faster, smaller, cheaper in the pipeline. It isn't a matter of being punished for being first. My iPhone has done everything I wanted it to do and more. I'm very happy with it and what I paid for it. But yep... that store credit will be put to good use. New iPod? Leopard? AppleTV? So many choices!!! Curse you Steve Jobs for making my decision difficult!

Anyway, I don't think that Palm, Dell, Microsoft, or any of the other big companies (including the game console manufacturers) would do the same thing. If they did, I might have missed it because... well, there is only Apple in PK's world.

Most sincerely,
Pink Kitty