Thursday, November 29, 2007

Your Papers - no please. Just your papers.

Money Quote:

Under a TSA proposal published in August, airlines and travel agents would be required to ask people reserving flights for their birth date, gender and full name. Travelers, however, would not be required to give the new information.

People who don't comply could be more easily mistaken for a terrorist and "may be more likely to experience delays, be subjected to additional screening (or) be denied transport," the TSA wrote.

Translation:
If you don't tell us what we want to know, we will detain you... because we can. You must comply. Resistance is futile.

I hate the government. It's all about power, control, and submission. I think I'm in the mood to watch Serenity and V for Vendetta tonight. Too bad showcase practice is in the way. Dangit.

To further irritate me, I just received an email about mandatory recycling training - to be sure I put the right crap in the right bin lest BigUniversity get fined for plastic straws in the plastics bin... Ugh. I may burn some tires in protest.