Thursday, May 11, 2006

Saying It Outloud

On the chance that my attempt at being silly comes across as hurtful, I want to revise something.

The wedding I mentioned was that of the former Miss O'Hara's and her Darling. I thought what I was saying was goofy. It was pointed out to me that it came across as though I didn't want to be there.

I wanted to be there. I was honored to be a part of their special day. It was my privilege to be there and support their union before God and their family and friends. Shoot - I was the one crying during her walk down the aisle - at rehearsal and the ceremony.

I am humbled that the former Miss O'Hara thought enough of me to ask me be a part of her wedding though we had only met in person one time.

It continues to be my privilege to lift them up in prayer every day that God will watch over them, guide her Darling as the leader of their house, strengthen their relationship together and in Christ, and that the former Miss O'Hara will continue to grow in the Proverbs 31 woman I know she is.

She is someone that I look up to, respect, and admire. There are many qualities about her I want in my own life. Knowing her and being a part of the biggest day of her life outside of the day she accepted Christ is a blessing.

The former Miss O'Hara and Darling, I truly apologize if my comments were in anyway hurtful or cast any shadow on your special and joyous day.