Monday, October 30, 2006

Randomness

I don't know why I got to thinking about this incident. I was working at the legislature in 1999. I spent alot of time hanging out with the staff in Sen. Ben Atchley's office, who was the minority leader at the time. For Sundquist's inauguration, we got together and had coffee that morning and sat in a little group at the Plaza for his speech. I think my rear was frozen to my chair by the end of it.

Either later that day or the next day, Elena and I got all spiffied up to go to the open house at the Governor's Residence. We parked at Judson Baptist and rode the shuttle over. We stood in line to shake hands with the Governor (who knew that 5 months later, I would be standing in the plaza calling him a liar among other colorful words during the horn-honking income tax protests.)

So, I told you all that to tell you this. I will never forget the woman that stood in front of us in line: an older Asian woman with tatooed eyebrows that had faded from black to blue (which is what black tatoo ink does over time.)

I hate plucking and waxing my brows as much as the next girl but I will not go so far as to a line permanently stenciled on my forehead, unless I lost the hair to chemo or something. That's just freaky.