Monday, July 07, 2003

Star Wars Episode III gossip

I'm trying to decide how much I want to see Episode III given that Episodes I and II rank up there with some of the worst movies ever made. On poster in a thread on this topic said that we in our late 20's and 30's remember the original movies with nostalgia because we were kids when they came out.. and George Lucas was marketing to kids (you had the toys, didn't you! Me too!!!). I disagree. The movies were just plain bad. The writing sucked. The acting was stilted and un-natural. One of the seminal scenes of Episode II where Anakin kneels at the foot of his mother's grave was so unreal - the psychology of grief and anger was not there. It was Hayden Christensen acting poorly. And as much as I love Ewan McGregor, even he wasn't that good.

I digress - here's the link to the gossip. Don't read it if you don't want what could be a spoiler.