Friday, June 02, 2006

Worst Belly Dance Costumes - EVER

I do mean ever. Seriously. I know I've posted some bad ones before, but this pair... speechless. They left me speechless.

After about 5 minutes, I got over that and come up with tons of snarky things to say.

First: the Dancer of the Corn dress.


I know it's kind of hard to see, but those are plastic corn cobs on the dress. The kind that you would use at the picnic to hold onto your grilled and buttery corn on the cob minus the spikes.

Then it is Attack of the furry things:




WHAT ON EARTH could have possessed someone to make such a crime against fashion. I mean, this thing goes beyond fugly. I'm not sure there is a word for it in the English language. This isn't cute, so don't even try shooting for the cuteoverload.com fans. This dress takes the concept of eyes on the costume to a whole new level. I know sometimes the beading looks like eyes over the boobs... but snoopy staring at the audience is just not appropriate.

It's like she was doused with fabric glue and then fell in the stuff animal bin at the factory that makes those little fuzzy things you get out of the vending machines at Walgreens or the movie theater.

I can't imagine the routine. I don't want to. It makes my little brain hurt.

AND don't even get me started on the crushed velour looking track suit harem pants there.