Sunday, February 08, 2004

Been fishin'

As opposed to "gone fishin' ".. I'm back. I know - you missed me more than words can state. Heh.

Wow.. it's been almost 2 weeks. To update you: Lynn comes over and we watch American Idol. Andrea comes over and we watch Survivor.. and I'm tied for first place in the local game thank you very much. They should all quit because the prize pack is mine. Mine.. my precious... We wants it.. we will take it from the hobbitses.. my precious...

*cough* Pardon me..

I spent yesterday cleaning.. it is absolutely amazing how much STUFF can be packed into a room. I decided that I am limiting myself to one junk drawer in my bedroom as opposed to the... 5 I had previously. I threw out so much stuff that I think I can do it, too. I found my resolutions from when I was intern at the General Assembly, a letter Lynn gave to me on my 18th birthday, my ice skating patches, lots of pictures that I'm not sure why I have... those collectors plates from the Franklin Mint (I see some ebay auctions coming soon).. and a series of emails I sent to Andrea 10 days before my mom passed away.

I have all of my diplomas in one place. Someday I may have them framed. People say they are just pieces of paper but they represent alot of hard work on my part and I'm proud to have them. I just wish my Masters degree would actually pay off for me some day soon...

Speaking of, here's a new term for you... (courtesy of Josh):

Vanderbling: the promise of increased income and a better job because you went to Vanderbilt University.

I'm waitin' on my Vanderbling to show up. I already gave them alot of my bling. Wouldn't it be funny if someone sued a unversity based on that - they didn't get a job or whatever? Actually, I'm pretty sure its happened. However, college degrees are now like the lottery. You pay $20,000 for the chance to play and maybe you'll get $7 back.

There's the update I know you were waiting on. I do have some interesting things to write about soon.

I think since Valentine's Day is coming up, everyone's talking marriage.. so I will post something on that topic too - though I'm not married. And.. let's see.. I won't say anything about Janet's boobie that hasn't already been said (other than it wasn't an accident) and that I hate Justin Timberlake.