Thursday, July 14, 2005

Lunch Time Conversations

What I overheard isn't particularly funny... it's particularly sad.

Woman #1: When I started dating him, he wasn't divorced yet. I still don't know if he's divorced.
Woman #2: Have you talked to him about it?
Woman #1: Yes. He got real quiet and wouldn't say anything for a long time. When he finally said something, he said he didn't want to talk about it anymore.

[later]

Woman #1: And then he (same married fellow) got mad because I had some (I am assuming dried) flowers in my living room that were given to me by [unidentified ex-beau]. He told me to take them out of the house.. that he didn't like them. I said that I liked them because they go with my color scheme not that they have any sentimental value.
Woman #2: What did you do?
Woman #1: I got rid of them. What else could I do?

---- PK's thoughts ----

Keep your flowers? Get some self-respect and tell him to go back to his wife?