Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Southern Exposure

I'm late in chatting about this particular topic. It hit Sharon Cobb's blog, Nashville is Talking and Pith in the Wind a few days ago, but I didn't see the video in question until yesterday.

I'm talking about Jessica Simpson's remake of "These Boots are Made for Walking." (See the video there). It will forever be linked in my mind with fem bots from Austin Powers. However, someone decided that it would be a great song for the new Dukes of Hazard movie.

First, I'm not going to comment about Ms. Simpson's clothing or lack there of other than to say: she has one great brazillian wax person. Wow. That is one freakishly small bikini.

Second: Her dancing has improved. Not great but much improved over previous attempts to dance in music videos. Not that many guys will be paying attention to her dancing.

Third and my real beef with the song: it isn't good. At all. It sounds like Jessica is having the Big O for 4 minutes. Heavy breathing and stunted words like she is having some sort of seizure. While subjecting myself to this unmitigated piece of crap, I asked "PK - why are you watching this? Turn the freakin' channel! Save yourself 3 minutes! PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!" But no....

Willie Nelson (who plays Uncle Jesse) is in the video and mumbles his one line and looks like he has other things to be doing rather than shooting the video.

Is it 4 minutes of my life that I will never get back? Yes but on the plus side, it did lead into blog fodder.