Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Super (Boring) Bowl

Phone coversation last night:

Elena: I can't believe I beat you to getting a post-game analysis up! You didn't even have a draft of something.
PK: Yeah. I was going to write something about how we came up with all this blog-worthy stuff during the game but didn't write it down so now I've forgotten it. But I decided that I wouldn't do that, because that's just cheesy.

This morning:

Call me Cheesy McCheese.

Really. The game didn't get good until sometime in the 3rd quarter. I was sitting there looking at my cookbooks, trying to decide which ones I was going to bring with me when I moved. And the commercials really weren't that good. I know---we probably expect too much. But dang, y'all!! Jessica Simpson singing her crappy-turd version of "These Boots Were Made for Walking" re-made into "These Bites Were Made for Poppin'" has permanently damaged my ears. I should sue.

Bueller? Didn't someone get the memo over there at Pizza Hut that the Dukes of Hazzard movie sucked? That doing something as a faux tie-in well after the movie bombed at the theater and came out on DVD is... well... you know... uh... so 5 minutes ago? Bueller? You're late.