Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Blessings

This is a random thought but... it's good.

I got to thinking about the fact that my parents and grandparents are gone the other day. It was the first time in a long time I cried about it, particularly for my dad. I can't recall crying over his passing. Maybe I have at some point. I don't remember.

Jehovah-Jireh - God does provide.

I lost my mom but have gained 2 more - a lady at church and a lady at work. They both say to me every now and then "If I may be a mother for a moment..." and they are so supportative and loving.

I lost my dad but God sent a man that is more like a dad than my biological father was. I've unofficially become his 4th daughter.

I've gained another family though my brother's fiancee' (he proposed 2 weeks ago!). It has taken a long time but both my brother and I finally relax around them - not fearing the guilt trips, reprisals, and anger that would come with our blood family gatherings.

It feels good.