Friday, April 15, 2005

It's that time again...

Last year, I brought y'all daily movie reviews from the films that I saw at the Nashville Film Festival. I don't know that I will do that this year because.. well... I'm seeing more movies than I did last year and just won't have the brain capacity to remember the story.

But I'll be sure to bring the tales of standing in line with the circus folk! Me excluded.. because we all know.. I'm am just that cool. That's way more entertaining.

There were the Che Guevara wannabes playing cards while waiting to get in to the movie.

Then there was the woman next to me who decided that it would be good to pay $8 to see the movie and talk to her friend on the cell phone for about half the time. Fortunately, the movie was loud enough that I didn't hear that much. Therefore, I didn't go postal on her a** as my GREATEST PET PEEVE IS people talking during the movie.. particularly one I haven't seen. I am the SHHH-nazi!

And to my left were the polite fellas who looked like Fat Joe and the Icy Hot Stuntaz rolled into one. Nice cologne. Apparently, the guy is a up and coming Nashville-based rapper. Whee... because I just love gangsta rap. *rolls her eyes* I think I was the only girl not all up in his grill because of who he was.. because I didn't have a clue until the director pointed him out. And I still didn't have a clue after he was pointed out. "Ok. That's cool."

But dude.. matching striped polos for you and your posse is way Montgomery Bell Academy. That's so high school. Your bling doesn't make it any more mature. It really just makes you look like a poser.

Worst shoe of the night goes to the woman who wore pink stilleto granny-style boots to match her pink suede jacket.. and couldn't really walk in her stilletos. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you can't work the heels, don't wear them that high.