Monday, April 25, 2005

Making Pink turn Red

Duke Diva is currently temping at an artist management group. She called to tell me that this particular group was the management company for none other than Big and Rich. "There's a huge photo of them on the wall.. commemorating 1,000,000 in sales of Horse of a Different Color. And the 3,000,000 sales for Here for the Party by Gretchen Wilson..."

"I'm so jealous. Too bad it isn't likely that they will call. Big and Rich probably have people that make their phone calls for them now."

"Yeah. Talk to you at lunch."

Over lunch:

"PK, I have to tell you this. You are just going to die. Right after I got off the phone with you there was another call. 'May I speak to so-n-so?' 'May I tell them who is calling?' 'Yeah - John Rich.'"
"NO WAY!"
"Yes! John Rich called!"

That totally trumps my VP sighting last week. John Rich is WAY cooler than Al Gore. I think I'm going to have to buy a ticket to Fan Fair.. or whatever it's called now. Big and Rich and Gretchen Wilson are playing on the last night. Must go see... and they are on Nashville Star on Tuesday night.