Friday, April 15, 2005

A Lesson for the Ladies

Everything in Nashville is memorialized in song. Vince Gill and his co-writer must be having some issues (or working through past ones) in this song. Just keep what it's about in mind, ladies. Stop gnawing...
She used to call me baby; I thought she was such a lady.
But, my, how things have changed since time's moved on.
I fear for my last dollar, an' all she'll do is holler.
Oh, my life has become a country song.

I've learned she can resist me by the way she always disses me,
An' comes to bed at night with that cold cream on.
Sometimes I might feel frisky, but these days it's just too risky.
It's hard to kiss the lips, at night, that chew your a** out all day long.

All day long, it goes on and on.
If a tree fell in the forest, she didn't hear it, would I still be wrong?
I guess I should admit it, she ain't ever gonna quit it:
It's hard to kiss the lips, at night, that chew your a** out all day long.

Man, I remember when her eyes used to be so blue an' shiny.
God, you ought to see what's happened to her hiney: (Her what?) Her hiney!
Man, that thing is big enoug to land a small plane on. (Small plane? Your tellin' it. )
I used to roll her in the clover, (Mmm huh!) but, thank God, those days are over.(I believe.)
It's hard to kiss the lips, at night, that chew your a** out all day long.

All day long, she gnaws on and on.
If some day, they dropped the big one,
I'd say: "Sweet Jesus, she's finally gonna leave me alone."
It's all right if we say it, 'cause the radio won't play it.
It's hard to kiss the lips, at night, that chew your a** out all day long.
It's hard to kiss the lips, at night, that chew your a** out all day long.
It's Hard To Kiss The Lips, At Night, (That chew your a** out all day long) by The Notorious Cherry Bombs

Listen to a sample...

My personal favorite line is If a tree fell in the forest, she didn't hear it, would I still be wrong?

I highly recommend the CD.