Thursday, June 23, 2005

All your property belongs to us...

Us being whatever government branch wants to take it.


Now, property rights are a sham.

'Owning land' is a figment of your imagination.

I think I'm going to sell the two pieces of property I own and just rent. One of my homes is in a very popular largely commercial area (the land is zoned for either commercial or residential use).. makes me scared to think that someone from the City could know on my door and say 'Pink Kitty... Joe Blow Construction is interested in your property and.. well.. it's better for the community if they are here. We will give you $25,000 for it.' The property, if going commercial, is worth WAY more than that!!!

The new lofts in Melrose are looking much more attractive than my little house in Berry Hill.

Update: Blake, vying to replace Evil Glenn Reynolds as the Human Aggregator, has a great roundup.