Sunday, March 06, 2005

Encounters with the neighbors

Or Episodes in Mistaken Sexuality

I like my neighbors. They have been really good to us (my brother and I). They are very friendly.. they are good people but.. Saturday.. well.. the story...

Elena and I went to the Rep to see "Noises Off" and to dinner and we came back to my house to sit and chat and watch back episodes of Project Runway. In the morning, after I met with the guy who bought my dad's store to go over what pieces I needed to move to my house, we went to breakfast.

When I got back, the neighbor asked "When did you get a roommate?"

"She's not a roommate. That's my best friend, Elena. You met her at my brother's going away party last year. We went to the Rep last night and when we got back, it was late so she stayed the night in my brother's room."

There was this... look... on her face. I can't describe it. And we talked about my brother and the Rep's productions and went our separate ways. I got in the house and thought "Blankity-blank. She thinks I'm a lesbian! Now I'm going to have to get some guy to come over here and defend my heterosexuality."

Yeesh. Don't I have enough to do than worry about the neighbors? Truthfully, yes but blankity-blank - I'm not gay!