Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Duh.... uh der...

To retired Admiral Hutson, the lesson is that the U.S. military needs a midcourse correction. "If I thought that letting (open) gays in the military now would degrade the mission," he says, "I wouldn't be for it. The military mission is unique enough that it shouldn't be a social laboratory. But we are at a point now where we can do it. And once you can do it, that creates a moral imperative that means you must do it."
The military as a social laboratory? Nooooooooooooo....

I seem to recall that about the same time as the whole gay in the military thing started gaining momentum, there was a heck of a lot of flap about women in combat roles. They are good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it.. somebody likes them! We can watch Demi Moore make it through SEAL training in "GI Jane." (cough cough cough.. excuse me. I think I choaked on some feminist dogma.)

This attempt get the military to be more deconstructed brought to you by liberals everywhere and United Colors of Benetton.

Source for quote: Admiral steers support for gays in military - 02/28/05