Monday, July 26, 2004

Clue Bat...

OK... Why is it that when I offer Chase Mortage money they won't take it?

Thus far, I've been on hold for 10 minutes while certain customer service person finds out what is owed to reinstate the mortage.

This has been going on for a month now. My attorney - and Chase's attorney in Arkansas (because they've threatened to foreclose) thought the whole thing was stupid when I explained the situation.

Dad dies. Leaves yours truly to figure out what the heck is going on...

Yours truly made an error and mortage fell behind.

Yours truly has been trying to fix it for 30 days now and no one will tell me squat because I'm "not on the account."

"What do you mean? I've sent the administrator papers and death certificate. What else do you need?"
"It's gone to so-n-so department for approval..." (meaning - it's gone down the black memory hole of death)
"I'm trying to send you money..."
"I'm sorry but I can't tell you what's owed because..."
"I know - I'm not on the account. Thanks."
*hangs up*

Bastards.

On hold for 15 minutes and counting.....