Monday, December 06, 2004

Good Morning Campers...

what I received via email this morning...

Hello, young lovers! :)

The person who has the will to undergo all labor may win any goal. Outward judgment often fails, inward judgment never.

Knowledge is power, but enthusiasm pulls the switch. Honor is unstable and seldom the same for she feeds upon opinion, and is as fickle as her food. Always remember, a cat looks down on
man, a dog looks up to man, but a pig will look man right in the eye and see his equal. I call the book of Job, apart from all theories about it, one of the grandest things ever written with the
pen.

One can say of language that it is potentially the only human home, the only dwelling place that cannot be hostile to man. There's nothing I like less than bad arguments for a view that I hold dear. Love, Arthur, is a poodle's chance of attaining the infinite, and personally I have my pride. Good and bad men are less than they seem.

There can be a fundamental gulf of gracelessness in a human heart which neither our love nor our courage can bridge.

It never occurs to some politicians that Lincoln is worth imitating as well as quoting. I don't compete with other discus throwers. I compete with my own history.

He who goes against the fashion is himself its slave.

My nature is subdued to what it works in, like the dyer's hand. Creation is a drug I can't do without. I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America. Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.

To achieve greatness one should live as if they will never die. We know better than we do. We do not yet possess ourselves...

Every institution not only carries within it the seeds of its own dissolution, but prepares the way for its most hated rival. He who does not mind his belly, will hardly mind anything else. Not everything which is bad comes to hurt us.

An angry man opens his mouth and shuts his eyes.

Those expressions are omitted which can not with propriety be read aloud in the family.

That has to be just about the oddest piece of spam I've ever received.