Wednesday, March 03, 2004

6 years of Separation

I like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I think it's funny. I figured that it was only a matter of time before someone I knew popped up on there.

And next week...

Someone I know is the straight guy.

John Zimmerman - former US National Pairs Figure Skating Champion and Olympian. I knew him almost 10 years ago when he lived in Nashville for a year or two training. He's putting to rest the rumor that all male skaters are gay. They aren't. Come on... think about it. You get to hang around cute girls all the time...

Sure, there are the Rudy Galindo's (openly gay skaters) but most of the male skaters I knew worked hard to prove they were straight because of the stereotype.

I was surprised to see John in NYC. Last I heard, he was in California.

I wonder if they will do anything about the gap in his front teeth. Props to John - he's always had good hair.

Line from the preview (as skaters have feet about as ugly as ballet dancers)
"OH MY GOD! These toenails have not been cut since the Civil War" - Carson