Friday, March 05, 2004

Newsflash

Martha Stewart has been found guilty and I for one am glad. I don't like her. I've never liked her.

I find her to be annoying and arrogant. She never offers less expensive versions of her creations and insists upon "only the finest quality" whatevers that you can only find in small stores in New York. Those of us outside of New England are just out of luck.. we don't have small Hungarian grocery stores here.

I like Alton Brown of "Good Eats." Most everything he uses can be found at your local 'mega mart.' And Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa. She has that Martha Stewart air about her (upscale New England.. spend way too much time at the Hamptons) but it's not complicated. And pretty good - I used her turkey recipe when I made christmas dinner.

And then there's Paula Deen of "Paula's Home Cooking." She's from Savannah and it's all about down home Southern cooking. Best cornbread dressing. Love cornbread dressing. And sweet potatos... Mmmmmmm.... yum.

This was the headline on fark.com
"Martha Stewart found guilty of obstructing justice and lying to the government. Residency in federal pound-me-in-the-a** prison thought not to be a good thing"