Friday, November 05, 2004

The Fashionista Strikes Again

This post on modesty, again courtesy of the Ladies Against Feminism site, has led the Empress to don her cute Fashionista hat to remind the world that one can be fashionable and modest.. and it doesn't consist of dressing in a potato sack.

The idea is that our dress has become too sensual and tempting. Agreed. But, I do not want to be the next Laura Ingalls. I don't like floral patterns. Homemade is only good for biscuits, not your clothes. Buy it or see a real seamstress/tailor.
Isn't it sad that anyone would have to tell us what not to wear?
There's a whole show and network dedicated to making the world a more fashionable place. Stacey and Clint - line 2!

I've said it before and I will say it again.. well I think I said it before. I think these ladies have a good idea but the solution is mis-directed. It isn't that we can't look cute and adorable - it is when we place the hunt for the BEST outfit in front of our Creator. Part of choosing your clothing is so that you are presentable, clean, and neat. They seem to think that modest is wearing something akin to a burka minus the face covering and Keds.

What do you all think of this?