Thursday, November 11, 2004

Michael Moore isn't going away

Miss O'Hara forwarded this little piece to me. Mr. Moore wants to make "Fahrenheit 9/11½." And they want to start recruiting Hollywood Democrats to run for office because who wouldn't vote for Tom Hanks?

I know there have been successful actor to politician transitions but they have typically been Republican because they have to sacrifice their mega-buck salaries to be in office (though probably still make residuals off of the showing of movies on TV.) I don't see Babs running to make any sacrifices but tells us to give up our washers and dryers. In fact, she sued someone who took a picture of her house for a coastal preservation project.
When I asked what actor would trade a $20 million salary and a percentage of the gross, he countered with "Let's pay the actor-politicians a presidential salary of $20 million -- plus a percentage of the GNP."
Miss O'Hara's comment was "Thanks for volunteering my tax money, Mike." I concur. I do hope it was in jest but given his penchant for more government spending, I doubt it.
Ted Danson plans to develop a "mockumentary" in which he will interview subjects in an effort "to save the world."
Mm-hmm... that sounds like a Miss America answer to me. Tell me, Miss Ohio, if you win, what do you plan to do with the opportunity give to you? _or_ What is your one wish?

"World peace."

Awwww... Isn't that sweet? She is moving her lips and everything. And her hair didn't move at all.