Saturday, May 07, 2005

Why Pink Kitty did not attend the BlogNashville pub crawl

Because within 2 minutes inside Legends, the smoke made her so sick she had to go back outside... and then she just kept walking... and walking right back to her car. It's been an hour and a half since I left and my eyes are still stinging.

Now, I am not in favor of government enforced anti-smoking bans as what happened in Boston. But a business acquaintance who lives in Boston told me that he enjoys the bars up there much more since they are non-smoking. Businesses were terrified that it would drop off. He said that it seemed to him business was better because more non-smoking folks were coming in.

So, would it hurt some of the pubs/clubs/honky tonks to have a non-smoking night? Because I was looking forward to the pub crawl all day (it's what made the lectures almost tolerable - because it was frickin' freezing in that building) and it sucks to be that bothered by cigarette smoke. The music at Legends was actually pretty good. I stood on the corner for a few minutes to listen but got uncomfortable with people staring at me like I was some freak.

I think I may contact the Downtown Business Consortium and Chamber of Commerce. It certainly isn't the Metro Council's business.