Thursday, October 07, 2004

Shoulda known better

Our tech guy is a big Democrat. The University had it's "meet the candidates" picnic where representatives from different campaigns stumped and pressed the flesh. I stopped by to ask him if he was going to walk over with our little group to get the free food. He said he couldn't make it and asked me to pick up a Kerry/Edwards button for him. I said "sure."

The button I got for him said "It's up to women to elect John Kerry."

Shoulda known better than to ask me to go over and pick one up.. ME - the avowed enemy of the major parties.. Particularly Democrats.

When I went to the Bush/Cheney table to get a button, they wanted a $1. I said "But I got 2 for free from the Kerry table." She just stared at me... and thought "stupid undecided voter." And I didn't get a button.