Friday, May 14, 2004

Be werry werry quiet...

I'm not hunting rabbits but I don't have much to say today either. Today was commencement day.. sending off all of the graduating students out into the world.. to look for jobs for which they are over-qualified for..
with a degree they paid too much for just to get the "Vanderbling" attached to it..
and a development office hounding them and their parents until they die (it's funny - our development officers sat right in front of me at the ceremony today nearly drooling)
and a speech you won't remember 1 minute after it's over. (I don't remember any of mine.. aside from the speech last year when I received my Masters consisted of a faculty member droaning on for 30 minutes about HIS research... like that is going to make a difference in my life. I remember one line from my brother's high school graduation speech. "Even a broken watch is right twice a day.")