Thursday, May 06, 2004

Women are attracted to money and power...

and I have both.... - Dark Helmet. Or was it Druish princesses? Oh well, whatever.

Russian women have hots for Putin

I think for the same reason Putin has become a sex symbol, Bill Clinton was percieved as thus here in the states. Confidence, well-dressed, the appearance of strong character, sense of humor. I think where Bill was in the "I feel your pain" camp which appeals to many American women who like their men sans nads, Putin exudes the... "I'm going to pull you back to my cave by your hair" persona. He looks like a man who isn't going to take anyone's crap (shown by his willingness to bomb the crap out of the Chechens).

GWB isn't percieved as a sex symbol here I think for a couple of reasons, even though he is between Putin and Clinton.

1) The media rarely portrays him in a positive light. The best the establishment media can give him is neutral.
2) I'm sure he could care less if people think he's sexy. Well, maybe except for Mrs. Bush.

He should be though... accents are sexy.