Friday, May 21, 2004

Being Equally Yoked

FrontPage magazine.com :: Christian Women Take Heed by Julia Duin

It may have been on Front Page Magazine where I read this little tidbit but that there were some imams out there encouraging the men of their mosque to marry foreign (and generally Christian - in name only at the very least) and have children by them. Since in America, multiple wives are illegal, the imams said to divorce their wives after 5 years and re-marry and start the process all over again.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why Islam is the fastest growing religion - on paper that is.

Weekend before last, the trio gathered to watch some movies. We rented Osama. Excellent movie. It is a combination of different true stories from Afghanistan during the Taliban years. And one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. I fought from hitting the forward button on the remote - I just wanted it to be over so I knew what happened to poor Osama (the girl who's mom cut her hair and dressed her as a boy so the mom could go out and practice medicine.) And after it was over, Elena, Duke-Chick and I looked at each other and said "Thank you Lord God that we were born here in the US!"

I do recommend it but it isn't a light movie in the least. Be prepared to decompress after it is over.