Wednesday, May 26, 2004

"Legitimate and growing community?"

Viacom's MTV to Launch Gay Cable Network

Hrmmm... so... a whole TV network is slated around 5% of the population.. and cable providers will snap it up in a heart beat. But they won't touch Christian-themed channels which are more likely to appeal to a much larger audience?

Bias anyone?

You think the advertisers would have learned their lesson after the near $400 million response to The Passion. But no. I will tell you why.. it is because most Christians look exactly like the world around them. There really isn't an need to have seperate programming for Christians (unless you want to buy SkyAngel.. and that just seems a little wierd.)

Pot calling Kettle... line 2.

Myself included. I admit that my own media consumption habits are pretty doggone secular... and Philipians 4:8 is not often on my mind when I make choices about what I watch or listen to.

And I'm not sure where I was going with this... but if I think of it, I'll edit the post. If not.. just think about your own habits for a bit.