Sunday, May 30, 2004

*manical laugh* Another shooter is born!

Oh wow! So, Milita Man, UT Man, Bama Girl (my brother's girlfriend.. go figure, opposites attrack), and MM's wife and I went to the outdoor range that was about 10 minutes north of Alabama by the time we got there, I think.

So, here is the list of things I shot today - just to make all the boys jealous... *smiles sweetly*

Pistols

.22 revolver (what I used most of the day and improved to 4 out of 6 shots at 10 yards by the end of the day. I don't think that's bad for a first time shooter)
Sig Sauer .380 (I love love love this pistol. My brother and Militia Man (he is BG's brother in law) complained that it hurt their hand. I said "That's because your hands are too big for it. It was made for a girl.")
Taurus 9mm (still too big for my hands but it was alright)
MM's 9mm, which I think is a Smith and Wesson but I'm not sure.
.44 (OH MY GOD did it scare the living crap out of me when I first heard it.. and about knocked me over when I shot it)
.45

Rifles

AR-15 (after some doing getting my short arms to work on such a beast, I squeezed off one round that hit the dirt behind the targets and yelled "HOLY CRAP!")
some other large rifle that I don't know what its name is but also scared the daylights out of me.
a 308 (like a cannon to me. I was just above the target with this.. couldn't pick it up, though. Too heavy for me. We had it propped on the table with its little legs. I think I might have a bruise on my shoulder tomorrow from such a thing. Can we say "powerful"?)

Militia Man is going to take me to the indoor range near his house when it re-opens next week. He has some passes and knows the instructors so I can get into some classes.

Yay! I'm excitied! Now I know why liberals want to take guns away...

Guns are fun! And liberals don't want people to have fun.