Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Grow up

In yet another attempt to hit the nostalgia factor for Gen X'ers, children's brands push into adult clothing. Or is it our denial that we are growing up and growing older? Somehow having things that we had when we were kids is supposed to make us feel young?

Barbie, Osh Kosh, and Hello Kitty.......

This Kitty will not wear Hello Kitty. She would much rather wear big girl clothes... ones that are designed for women to make them look like women. Not over-alls designed to remind you of being 2.

I admit, I'm a pretty nostalgic person. I watched VH1's I love the 70's and 80's with near religious devotion and will watch the 90's version in a few weeks. I sought out old copies of Voltron and Transformers videos. There's a still-in-the-box Darth Vader that has a place of honor on one of my book shelves.

But... to wear Hello Kitty when you are 30? Please. Grow up.