Sunday, June 13, 2004

Sometimes... advances in technology are not always a good thing

While checking email, a banner ad for a refridgerator appeared.

"A complete entertainment center in your fridge."

Huh? What? Why would I want a flat screen-TV and internet capabilities in my refridgerator door...? I watch TV in the den. I can see the TV from the kitchen.

It can also play music, tell you when it needs maintanence, keep track of what you have inside (which means you have to enter it into a database or delete it when you take something out), has a web cam, and a finger-print proof titanium brushed finish.

Seem like a lot of work for one appliance to do.. and I work in databases all day.. last thing I want to do when I get home from the grocery store is re-enter everything I just bought into one when I can open up the door and see if there is milk there or not.